Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Almost Halfway Through "Visage"

So while I'll save my official review until I've finished the book, I must say I'm already pleased on several counts:

   *  The quality of writing surprised me. When I first began writing fiction after a several decade hiatus, I cringed at my clumsy and amateurish writing style to the point I nearly quit. But the advice I read on writing site after writing site really was true: hard work does, indeed, pay off. Writers can and DO improve.

   *  Visage fulfilled the goal of continuing the series and holding its own as a stand-alone book.

   *  I really do forget that I've written it. That sense is underscored everytime something in Visage catches me off guard. I'm continally amazed that I could write something clever and/or surprising and totally forget about it.

Shutting down the computer for the night. Back to the book!

No comments: