Monday, March 18, 2013

A Third of the Way in Editing "Staked!" (Stuck on Crafting Mood)

So I did spend some quality time this weekend with BryonySeries novel number three (meaning not the volume of quantity time I would have liked, such is life), but I did stumble on chapter eleven.

Pacing is nice; dialogue is nice; (actually, the dialogue rocks!), but I did mark a few passages where I need more mood enhancing descriptions. Creating the right atmosphere and emotions with words takes some focused thought. Time was short; I folded, temporarily, that is.

Because I've been pullling all-nighters on Saturday nights to roll newspapers with my oldest son in the distribution center (You can take the carrier out of the warehouse, but you can't....yeah, yeah), doing the same on Friday nights has been an impossible feat to accomplish.

My brilliant solution is to spread out the fiction in appetizer bites throughout the week and leave one great big meal for Saturday. This means I scheduled those descriptions for tonight. In the meantime, I've been simmering those scenes in the back of my mind, hoping the right meld of words will be at the forefront of my brain when I'm ready to bring fresh life to chapter eleven's homecoming carnival.

Oh, did I say that out loud?

No comments: