Sunday, March 31, 2013

"Staked!" Updated

YAWN!

Glorious weekend. Tired. tired. Tired.

I had my first intense Friday fiction night in a very long time, so I made some decent headway on "Staked!" More of the same followed on Saturday, the celebration of my oldest son's thirty-first birthday notwithstanding.

Today, being Eastern Orthodox, while the rest of the world celebrated Easter, I worked on "Staked!" before and after church. I broke long enough to watch Vampire Sucks with Daniel, Rebekah, and three cats.

That's when I remembered I had forgotten to post a blog.

So where am I at regarding the editing for "Staked!?"

Chapter thirteen needed quite a bit of work, so that one received most of my attention this weekend; I am happy to report that one's now in pretty good shape. I also went back to chapters one through twelve and made some additional adjustments. Then I read through fourteen and fifteen and did some rewriting there, but they are nowhere near complete.

Part of the enjoyment, however, with reworking a draft I wrote nearly four years ago are the surprise twists, clever prose, and humorous dialogue, all details composed in the moment and long since forgotten. I can't wait to "read" the rest.

Yes, I am still having fun.

No comments: