Saturday, August 13, 2022

Going to Willow Fest? Stop out at Ed and Nancy Calkins' Table

Yesterday morning Timothy and I were supposed to fly out to North Carolina to see family.

My father, whom I haven't seen since 2019 (and was still working) was diagnosed with Alzheimer's during COVID and went into a nursing home in December 2021. He is eighty-seven. And he may not remember me.

I also haven't seen mother since 2019, and she will be eighty-seven in a couple of weeks.

We have tried since COVID restrictions lifted to go out there, really. But one issue after another derails our plans. And 2022 has been one slew of emergenies after another for us all year.

This latest was a retina "thing" for me last week, followed by a postponement of my ear flushing (they are impacted) so I can fly without rupturing my eardrums, followed by the approval, then an appointment for flushing finally scheduled (hurray!) and then having to cancel that appointment to euthanize Frances who took a bad turn followed by the cancellation of the euthanization in favor of a care plan this weekend and a wait and see.

If you can follow that (and we can barely), nearly every day of this past year has looked like that - except on steroids.

And yet, all of this confusion has silver and gold linings for this weekend.

Yesterday I napped, read, and walked a little. Today is more of the same (after the ear flushing).

But I'm also hoping to stop out at Willow Fest, which I didn't want to miss and now (hopefully) I won't.

Ed and Nancy Calkins will have a table or two at the event from noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at One Village Circle in Willow Springs, the corner of Archer Avenue and Willow Springs Road. This is a first for them, and they are very excited 

The Steward of Tara and his "angel" wife are selling Nancy's original artwork and BryonySeries books.

So if you're in the area, or can make plans to be in the area, stop out if you can.

Even if you're not in the market for a painting or a book, they are two of the friendliest, nicest people you will ever meet - and your day will be richer for passing their way.



No comments: