Saturday, August 27, 2022

Ed and Nancy Calkins: Recap of Willow Fest Sales

Last Saturday, I had planned to write a quick recap of Ed and Nancy Calkins' first official event (Willow Fest), but I wound up taking a social media break due to my oldest cat unexpectedly crossing the rainbow bridge and having to work all weekend.

So I will share that recap today.

I must say Nancy was very organized and had some good tips for easily and effectively hanging art for our next booth. She was also a very good salesman.

Ed actually had Call of the Siren opened next to him and mildly complained that the customers were cutting into his reading time and confessed he wasn't a good salesman. I could certainly commiserate with that!

But on Sunday, he started sending texts whenever they made a sale, which was very exciting - and I've  shared those texts below Ed and Nancy's photo so you can share in the excitement, too.

The only disappointing part of the entire weekend if that the one painting Nancy sold was returned by the customer's spouse, saying the couple had nowhere to hang it. I think that dampened their enthusiasm for another event this year.

I'm not certain art is any harder to sell than books. But I am going to reach out to some of my artist friends for ideas and advice.

And if you're an artist, please message me at bryonyseries@gmail.com.

Finally, the BryonySeries is hosting a back-to-school "buy one, get one free" book sale through Aug. 31. Details are here.








-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments: