Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Not all "Flooding" is Bad

So I've mentioned briefly the struggles in making any sort of significant progress on the second novel in the new BryonySeries Limbo trilogy Call of the Siren.

We just recently released the first book in the series. It's called The Phoenix and you can buy it in the BryonySeries store and also on Amazon in print and Kindle.

But words for this second book just weren't flowing. 

I have a detailed outline and plenty of ideas. I've done character sketches and mentally wrote quote a few scenes. I see the story, I know the story. Heck, I even have the cover art!

But the words wouldn't come easily.

Until this past weekend.

You know the fairy tale about the little boy who stops a flood by placing his finger inside a whole in the dam?

Well, in this case, it was as if the boy had removed it.

And all the ideas and words spilled out.

I may not get much done this weekend (second COVID shot is Thursday).

But I feel confident that the muse is active and ready to write, once I have the time and ability.

Bring on the story!

Sue Bass is haunted by dreams of her father, who died in a boating accident before she was born, alluring dreams of water and song. But then a soft-spoken outside man with an inside plan comes to town, and Sue's sleepwalking stops, only to resurface with greater magnetism when he leaves. Two voices beckon. Which one will she heed?


No comments: