Wednesday, June 23, 2021

"Bryony" Moment of the Day

Back in the early days of this BryonySeries blog, I used to post an occasional "'Bryony' Moment of the Day" blog.

These blogs referenced chance encounters with experiences that had a "Bryony" feel to them.

Last week, I received this fun email from a fellow WriteOn Joliet member Ken McGee. Here is what he sent:

Denise, I was going through the new Emmy book and read this.

“Did you come up the back stairs?” Isabella asked. “It's almost midnight.”
 
“Yes. Are Mom and Dad already in bed?” Heather picked up the book Isabella had been reading. “I read this last month. It's good, but the Melissa character should have known better than to get mixed up with that crowd.”
 
“Don't tell me what happens,” Isabella said. “I think I know, but I don't want to spoil the ending.”
 
Just thought you might get a kick out of it.

Ken


Well, I did get a kick out of it, and I sent Ken this reply:

You have my permission to use any and all references in my books in any of your writings, including the titles.

I'm thrilled that the book made an enduring impression. ❤️

And Heather is a smart girl for "getting it." 


And then Ken sent one more email:

Denise, I added the title Bryony to the scene. And it did make a lasting impression. You make me aspire (fancy word, huh?) to become a better writer.


Well, making anyone aspire to be better at anything makes me feel better than a hundred references to my books.

But two can play that game.

For more information on the "Emmy" books (and all of Ken's books), visit kennethleemcgee.com/books-2/.



No comments: