Monday, September 14, 2026

Invested in "Emmy's" Story

Do you see all these book on the table?

WriteOn Joliet remote member Kenneth Lee McGee wrote them all, twenty-one books in his "Emmy" series alone (so far) that spans the life of one person, from her early childhood and far beyond.

And those are not the only books Ken has written.

I've heard snippets of the "Emmy" story over the years: at WriteOn meetings and at a pre-COVID monthly writing workshop I ran at Ken's church for several years as a fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties.

Over the past several years, I've started and stopped the first Emmy book usually due to time, fatigue, or Faith's needs (I read at bedtime).

But once Rebekah and I settled into the new home six weeks ago, I began reading one chapter a night at bedtime.

I've almost completed two Emmy books and will start the third this week.

I promised Ken when I've read six, we'd meet to discuss those books.

He laughed and said, "But I don't remember everything I wrote!"

And I said, "Well, you'd better start reading!"

Part of the fun (for me) when reading (or writing) any book is the discussion.

I can't wait!

And here's Ken's response to that!

https://kennethleemcgee.com/blast-from-the-past/



No comments: