Monday, September 21, 2026

GUEST BLOG: 10 Signs of a Healthy Writer’s Group

So I started following this writing blog in 2009 when I was working through the submission process for "Bryony."

I've followed this blog for so long, I remember when Writers Digest recognized it in 2013, which gave me plenty of reassurance I was receiving solid advice.

So when a call went out a few months ago for a few guest bloggers, I submitted a couple ideas.

One was "10 Signs of a Healthy Writer's Group."

That's because, through the years, this blog and others I've followed, posted signs of unhealthy groups. 

But I couldn't recall ever reading one that really highlighted what a healthy one looked like.

WriteOn Joliet has its flaws, certainly.

But it's overall very positive place for writers to receive feedback and support.

So when my pitch was suggested, I was told a requirement was being available the day it went live to respond to comments in a timely manner.

Well, I was actually in the ER Saturday night when it posted - and fortunately very available.

The points made in this blog, I think, apply to any group, writers or otherwise.

Please enjoy!

https://annerallen.com/2026/09/10-signs-of-a-healthy-writers-group/



No comments: