Monday, May 22, 2023

Off-site and in the Background

So this is a photo from last year's "Shakespeare and Art in the Park" at the Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park Theatre in Joliet.

That's because it's been an intense week with Ron's passing and no one remembered to take one. They also forgot to bring the tent and got sunburned on Sunday.

But the photo doesn't really matter. It's the fact that three of my adult kids - and Jasmine - picked up my slack.

BryonySeries had two tables among the other artists this year, and I didn't work not even one of the four days of this annual event.

I did make a brief appearance on Saturday night, but only because I was working for The Herald-News this past weekend and was covering the event.

We marketed the event less than I had planned, and we sold less than I had hoped (six books to four customers who were really excited to have them, I'm told).

But that doesn't really matter either.

What matters is that I have some really awesome people in my life who picked up my slack so I could meet all my deadlines at work, my commitment to the event at Bicentennial Park, and (most importantly), be present for my family at the time they most needed me.

I'm very thankful.




No comments: