Monday, May 1, 2023

Beautiful Flowers

I love flowers.

When my children were young, I used to buy half a dozen bouquets of fresh flowers during our weekly grocery shopping trip and arrange them in vases all through the house.

One time, the person handling checkout remarked, "What lovely flowers! Who are they for?"

I didn't miss a beat: "Me!"

I fell out of the habit once we had the cats, who found flowers great nibbling fun, and I wasn't certain which flowers were toxic to them.

But I'm still thrilled to receive them, and five beautiful people gifted me with flowers on April 22 in the lobby of the Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theatre on Saturday night, after WriteOn Joliet's first radio style readings of original writings.

I love the smell of flowers, I love the look of flowers, especially all the little intricate details that are just amazing to me. 

It was hard to take closeups with a cell phone camera. But here's a couple that aren't blurry.



















No comments: