Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Servant's Cottage

When I saw this artwork by Terri Ellinger on Facebook, I wanted it immediately.

To me, the scene leaps right out of the pages of Bryony, since it suggests so many elements: the old remodeled servant's cottage behind Simons Mansion near the woods and Melissa's bicycle, her main form of transportation.

So I reached out to Terri, and she sent me a digital copy I could use for marketing, since she wanted to sell the matted version. 

This was very kind of Terri. But I really wanted to buy the matted version to hang on my wall.




If you're not familiar with Terri's art, she created the pen and ink drawings that are part of several books in the BryonySeries Bertrand the Mouse subseries.

I have more pieces in this album of Terri Ellinger's work on the BryonySeries Facebook page, back when I hosted an art show at the Book and Bean Cafe in Joliet for four of the BryonySeries artists.


So Terri sold the "servant's cottage" piece to me and then shipped it to me. It arrived yesterday, and I'm very, very happy with it.

To see more of Terri's artwork, visit sites.google.com/view/terriellingerfineart




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Denise!

Denise M. Baran-Unland said...

You're very welcome! :)