Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Preparing a Place

When COVID struck and my daughter Rebekah was furloughed from work, she started joining me on my morning walk, a tradition that is still in place three years later.

We try to find beautiful spaces for that walk. One of those spaces is Lightways Hospice and Serious Illness Care in Joliet, which has a labyrinth, a pond with ducks (and sometimes geese), beautiful landscaping, a fountain, and inpatient and outpatient services for families.

Rebekah and I just walked there last week, never dreaming our family would bringing someone into hospice's fold so soon.

The next walk she and I take on those grounds will be meaningful in a different way.

I'm glad she and I have spent so much time there already, and I already know some of the people who work there.

We can now show off the beauty of the space with our family, and welcome family into its midst.

Maybe those walks were simply part of preparing the way.



No comments: