Monday, March 11, 2019

When Creativity Fills the House

What a wonderful weekend on so many levels!

First, I had only about four hours of work carryover into Sunday, the first time in a very long time, and I actually took all of Saturday off. The last couple days were not only restful, they were creative, for me, and for others, too.

I finished the WriteOn Joliet cheetah anthology (more on this later) last night and sent it to Rebekah to give it a fresh look. After we receive the cover art, we can upload it.

We spent a good 90 minutes on the phone with KDP with a wonderful representative who fixed almost all of our issues. A HUGE THANK to Daniel's girl friend Cindy for getting curious about my box of still unpacked books and reading through all the Bertrand ones. She's the one who found the printing errors.

I finished Cornell Dyer and the Eerie Lake and sent it to Timothy to read. So far, he said, it reads like the story he envisioned.

I wrote, and shot, Bertrand Spends the Night. If all goes well, I will have copies available at the March 23 book signing at The Book Market in Crest Hill.

Jasmine showed Rebekah and Cindy over a two-day period how to make gum roses for cakes, etc.

And while I finally unpacked, and put away, my box of books, Jasmine and Rebekah baked four different kinds of Irish soda bread (and some cookies) for my Herald-News food page on Thursday.

A few quick photos below:






No comments: