Sunday, September 8, 2013

Waxing Nostalgic

Twenty-three years ago on September 7, the date that should have been assigned to this post, I was in a hospital room where a nurse was padding my bed rails and placing a seizure kit nearby, while the doctor was deciding whether or not to schedule me for surgery in the morning and deliver the baby four weeks early.

How fitting that I accompanied my son to a hospital emergency department late Saturday night, immediately after a great time at the annual WriteOn Joliet picnic, when I should have been composing chapters seven and eight of Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone.

So, you see, the title is actually a bit sarcastic and designed to make Timothy laugh on his birthday eve. "Designed to make Timothy laugh" is key here because he didn't find anything about that little jaunt one bit funny.

So although the scheduled chapters did not make it into real words inside my computer (yet), the weekend was not without triumph.

I finished writing the first story in my Bertrand the Mouse series--Bertrand and the Six Leaf Clover--so now I only need to photograph the pictures. I also completed chapters five and six of my first Cornell Dyer story.

In theory, I'm still trying to accomplish seven and eight. In reality, my tired brain can't remember how to spell simple words or correctly locate the correct letters on my keyboard.

I'm calling it a night before I break my nose when it hits my desk. Here's hoping I can still catch up tomorrow, despite the full schedule of events planned for Timothy's birthday.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: