Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blessings

So many of them in the past twenty-four hours, I won't even try to count them.

Only one has particular note for me.

A week ago, I gave away my last five dollars to someone that had more need of it than I. Shortly thereafter, a new friend unexpectedly treated me to lunch. We talked of God; we talked of gratitude. I shared the story.

She, in turn, blessed the recipient of my five dollars with a greater amount than I was able to give. The really cool part is that he doesn't know it yet. Oh, is he gonna be surprised!

"I seek the fruit that increases to your credit." Philippians 4:17

2 comments:

Rose Panieri said...

I rarely turn down a "beggar" or someone in need, as it might be one of the Lamed Vovnik.

Denise M. Baran-Unland said...

And you could very well be right.