Friday, September 6, 2013

Short Story and Story Round Up Later, But First: Thursday's Blog

Amongst the work, moving, and last night's WriteOn Joliet meeting, I never returned home until close to midnight, which would place Thursday's post in Friday's slot anyway. So today, I thought I'd post twice.

The problem is, I'm having difficulty finding the words. Sorta sucks when you're a writer, huh?

Yet between the bleariness of insufficient sleep and the mounting stack of deadlines--because it is Friday, after all--a still core of absolute thankfulness is rippling deep inside me.

Three years of dwelling in constant crisis with another year (or so) of strain and difficulties is, if not quite behind us, about to take a turn into a different set of challenges.

And that, in and of itself, is quite relieving.

So for the resolutions, the blessings we incurred despite turmoil, and to a future that's appearing brighter by the minute, I raise my empty coffee mug and say, "Thank you. And welcome."

Have a blessed and glorious day, vampire fans. :)

 

No comments: