Sunday, November 18, 2012

So What Happened to My Participation in NaNoWriMo?

A funny thing happened on my way to the good intentions: a weekend filled with bookings and work followed by a week of computer problems, design and copyedit issues regarding Visage, massive deadlines, and a "drilling a screwdriver into the side of my temple" migraine that lasted an entire week.

Fun (not), but at least no cat bites this time. Scratches don't count.

By Thursday, just in time for WriteOn Joliet's writer's group, the migraine had reduced itself to lowercase decibels, and by Friday, it was completely gone. With all the challenges, Before the Blood dropped to lowest on my priority.

It did not, however, vanish altogether.

I did peck at it a bit, nothing much to blog about, but also, no time and energy left over TO blog about it. My goal, however, remains the same. By the end of the year, I absolutely intend that my skeletal draft will have some workable flesh sticking to its bones. Because in 2013, in between editing rounds of Staked! (book #3 in the BryonySeries), Before the Blood will be my primary fiction project.

Keeping in mind that I wrote my outline for it two years ago, I absolutely cannot wait to dig into it!!!

On that note, it's back to work....

No comments: