Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Some Editorial Comments About "Visage"

Random comments from one of Bryony's editors (alas, the best ones contain spoilers, so I'm not sharing...for now, hehehe):

  *  My overall impression as of the end of Cpt 8: it's very difficult to put down. You've had me hooked since Cpt. 1. I'm extremely worried about Melissa right now and have qualms about what's coming next. I do like the book so far, very much so.
 
 *  I read the beginning of the next section for an hour this morning... didn't hear the timer go off, when I realized I'd gone over time I decided to stop at the end of the chapter I was in, and three chapters later caught myself on the second page of yet another chapter. Tomorrow I will read some more, this time with the timer right next to me instead of 10 feet away!

 *  Things I really liked: the subtle humor that plays back and forth throughout the beginning...there are all sorts of vampire nibbles in here...nice alliteration throughout...your succint summary of Kellen Wechsler's connection to John was just perfect.

 *  I really liked this book. Your pace varies nicely, and your chapters end in just the right place to keep the reader going. Most of my comments have been based on this being a stand-alone book, and for the most part I think Visage succeeds hat way. I think the epilogue hints STRONGLY at a third book.

No comments: