The worst part about transitioning between two homes for the next few weeks is missing Tiny, the best Pembroke Welsh corgi in the entire world.
Except for an hour on Saturday morning, I haven't seen Tiny since Friday night, since I worked through the weekend.
And I have a wake an hour away after work tonight, so I won't see Tiny tonight either.
When I do get back to the "old" townhome for a few hours, Tiny rarely leaves my side (which is fine with me).
Here are some nighttime photos Daniel and Timothy have sent me to show Tiny is fine.
The one with him under the boxes is my grandmother's old dresser, which was our makeshift "coffee bar," since that piece has been moved. But Tiny liked to hang out underneath it, so Daniel created a substitute.
Also, the one of him sleeping on the floor is because Tiny prefers to sleep on the floor. He would wait for me at the bottom of the stairs for our bedtime snuggle.
On far too many nights, I would simply lie on the floor next to him. He'd put both paws around my neck (as best as he could with those little short legs), one leg over mine, and bury his face in my neck with a happy little sigh.
If you can believe, I'd drift off with him on that hard, cold floor, waking up two hours later, stiff and sore, with Tiny hanging on more tightly if I tried to move.
He's so sweet!








No comments:
Post a Comment