Tuesday, August 11, 2026

About the BryonySeries: Dedicated Days of the Week

It's interesting to see how social media's evolved since I first wrote "Bryony" in 2007 and 2008.

In late 2009, a small press accepted the book for publication. And in spring 2010, Sarah started a Bryony Facebook page to build engagement and collect recipes for the book's companion cookbook.

Sarah actually had very nice engagement on the page until the small press (which is no more) pushed publication back a year. 

Engagement tanked, Sarah got busy and lost interest, and I debated how and why I should keep the page going. 

In the meantime, the titles of books we published kept growing.

And the number of people actually viewing the posts without commenting actually grew, too.

So I decided the page was worth keeping just to keep us visible and to help readers discover the series.

That's when I segmented the days of the week, which gave a framework for posting and ensuring no book was left behind:

Sunday: Limbo trilogy (with kindness on the fourth Sunday)

Monday: Bertrand the Mouse

Tuesday: The Adventures of Cornell Dyer

Wednesday: The original "drop of blood" young adult vampire trilogy

Thursday: Witches and werewolves (every other Thursday) and Girls of the BryonySeries (every other Thursday).

Friday: Before The Blood

Saturday: Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara

Here is an overview of all the Books of the BryonySeries.

So much focus on social media today is based on popularity, of people, of posts.

Everyone wants to be an influencer, it seems.

But not all growth is front-facing.

A lot of growth happens behind the scenes, too.

I guess that's a metaphor for life, too.






No comments: