Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Best Customer Service Call Ever

So last week, I had to call an insurance company.

I waited on hold for a very long time.

While I was on hold, I filled out the customer service form.

I waited some more and then pressed "1" to receive a return phone call.

When the customer service representative called back, I let her know I also had filled out the form.

She put me "on a brief hold" to locate the form, which held all the pertinent information.

When she returned, she said, "I thought I recognized your name."

Now, whenever this happens to me, one of two things is true.

1. We have a mutual friend.

2. I've written about someone they know in The Herald-News.

Neither was the case this time.

She was actually within a few chapters of finishing "House on Top of the Hill."

When I was done spluttering, she confirmed she did not know me and had not bought the book locally.

Well, then HOW did she hear about the book?

It was recommended on TikTok.

So, OF COURSE, I looked for the recommendation video.

Naturally, I didn't find it.

But she gave me her personal email, so I could send a list of the other books in the series.

How about that?





No comments: