Saturday, September 17, 2022

Ed and Nancy Calkins at "Sue's Diner"

I was working a super long shift on Monday when I received the loveliest text and photo from Nancy Calkins, wife of Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara, Nalla the Angel in Ed's BryonySeries book Ruthless, and cover artist for Call of the Siren.

She wrote:

Sue's Diner? We are toasting to you. Have a wonderful evening.

Sue's Diner is the fictional restaurant in Munsonville, Michigan, which is the main fictional setting of the BryonySeries.


Nancy is enjoying a Manhattan; Ed is drinking a Stella beer. They ordered prune duck (Nancy) and chicken mushroom risotto (Ed).

The cute couple had taken a short getaway to Iowa, near the Mississippi River.

Nancy also wrote:

I kidnapped Edward because he's been so good and he's done so much for me, I thought he needed to get away for two days. He's been smiling since we left.

Nancy and Ed are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. I'm so glad they had a great time - and super humbled they even considered me while they were away.

How can you resist those smiles?

No comments: