Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Real Story Behind This Woodland Snow Photo

This is lovely, isn't it?

I took this picture in January 2021 when I needed a snow scene for a teaser photo on social media.

What this photo doesn't show is context.

Because this day was actually brutally cold, and I had no intention of venturing farther from my front door.

These are the bushes right out side the front door of my townhome at the time.

I simply opened the door and snapped the photo without stepping even one foot onto the porch.

Beyond this photo is a road, more appartment units, and even a traffic light.

So what's the lesson here? 

Don't believe everything you see?

Look beyond what's in front of you?

Appreciate the beauty that is in front you?

Don't overlook the subtle blessings?

Thoughts?



No comments: