Monday, July 18, 2022

Now Available: "Call of the Siren"

Never has any book, or any piece of writing, for that matter, given me so much trouble than Call of the Siren, the second book in the BryonySeries Limbo trilogy.

I struggled to write every word in this "quiet" book that spans forty years, and even KDP glitched on its part at the very end, to the extent that the representative helping us on the other end on Friday night told us to delete the file and start over.

We did - and the book was live at 4 a.m. Saturday.

Why did Call of the Siren give me so much trouble?

I think it's because the story has a subtle "music" to it, so much that I struggled to convey by using the accepted "show, don't tell" or the balance of "show and tell" ways of telling the story.

For Call of the Siren, I had to find a new way to create the story the way I wanted the story told. That took time (and a bit of bravery) as I stepped into uncharted waters.

and made some subtle, but significant, changes in terms of plot at this retreat.

But the proof was in the, well, proof. The story read as I wanted it to read, and I was thrilled.

Warning: I probably didn't find and weed out all the typos. But please know I tried really hard to eliminate every single one.

And, thus, we release Call of the Siren for you today, for your enjoyment.

Isn't the cover art by Nancy Calkins (wife of Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara), beautiful? She had the painting ready and delivered to me before I had written one complete chapter. She has waited a long time to read this book. Rebekah did all the formatting for the book and cover.

Here is the back cover synopsis for Call of the Siren:

Sue Bass is haunted by dreams of her father, who died in a boating accident before she was born, alluring dreams of water and song. But then a soft-spoken outside man with an inside plan comes to town, and Sue's sleepwalking fades, only to resurface with greater magnetism when he leaves.

Two voices beckon. Which one will she heed?

Now, Call of the Siren isn't available on the BryonySeries store yet.

Nor is it available on Kindle yet.

But you may purchase the paperback on Amazon.

Happy reading!






No comments: