Monday, December 7, 2020

The Rebirth of Twenty-Six Letters

I'm always amazed at the ability of writers to weave messages and stories by rearranging just twenty-six letters.

And I was amazed on Saturday night when I was scrolling through The Phoenix - not because the story is amazing (although I hope it is), but because I'd accomplished far more on the novel than I'd thought.

So except for the following tasks listed here, the rest of the book is written, edited, and ready for my editor. And I think this list is do-able by the end of the year.

This is what remains of The Phoenix, which is the first book in the new BryonySeries trilogy Limbo:

About a third of chapter 21 needs writing.

A few details in chapter 23 needs adding.

One scene in chapter 26 that I wrote a few weeks ago, which did not save, needs rewriting (bah, humbug!).

A party scene in chapter 27 needs writing.

One dance (not an event, just a single dance between two people) in Chapter 28 needs writing.

A few details in chapter 29 needs adding.

It's a good feeling on a Monday morning, for sure. Hope the start of your new week is even better than mine.





No comments: