Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Home and Away

As my morning is rapidly getting away from me, here is a quick synopsis of ten writerly and other projects in my life right now:

1) Proof copy of the second installment of Before the Blood is ordered. As are copies of other titles since I've run out of quite a few.

2) Bertrand the Mouse paid a visit to a Plainfield school last Friday where he had a little fan who'd already brought one of his books to school. Everyone appeared to have a great time (and Bertrand is still squeaking about it).

3) I caught up-ish with some clerical duties on the homefront.

4) I was asked to redesign features for The Herald-News, which is exciting since I'm tackling a few more items on my "wish list."

5) I have a Cornell Dyer breakfast meeting with Timothy this Saturday to fine-tune the plot for the next book and a marketing meeting after that. At 2 p.m., I'm stopping into The Book Market to see my co-leader Tom Hernandez, who will sell and sign books until 3 p.m. Hope to see you there!

6) I've started a new novel (a werewolf story).

7) I'm struggling to write an interesting Bertrand the Mouse story using a list of first sight words.

8) I had some time off this weekend and took the time to visit a friend.

9) My son is updating my BryonySeries website. (And Rebekah and I need to finish the WriteOn Joliet one). You can check out his efforts so far at www.bryonyseries.com.

10) I'm currently drinking coffee. But you probably knew that.



This gorgeous tea cup (filled with dark roast coffee) was a gift from Sue Midlock, fellow vampire writer and illustrator for The Adventures of Cornell Dyer series.

No comments: