Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Random Comment about "Staked!" from its Lead Editor Vicki Thompson

Although the third book in the BryonySeries, Staked!, won't be released until December, its editing is well under way.

Below are some overall comments--rough and unedited general ramblings--from Vicki Thompson, lead editor and certified parent coach (www.fulllifeparenting.com).

Another plus: Christopher Gleason, the artist for Staked! sent a "sneak peek" of the final cover. Love!!! (sorry no can share).

From Vicki:

I really like John-Peter.  I think he is endearing because of some of his quirkiness and even a bit because of his arrogance.  You did a good job of creating a character in John-Peter that is in some ways an adolescent boy yet out of step with his peers.  I think I like him more than I liked Melissa who at times could seem silly (Yet what teen girl isn’t?) 
I like his relationship with the women in his life…His grandmothers, Melissa and Karla. 

Kellen is also interesting.  He seems to kind of taken the place of the comic character with his Happy Hunting Ground..(By the way I know I said I would limit my comments to these 4 however what a ridiculous & irreverent business!  I LOVE IT!  Clever! I found myself chuckling at some of the packages ordered in the drive through….)

I liked how you answered all of the open questions from the first two books.  You did a great job of tying up the loose ends. 

I like the lessons John Peter eventually learns.

I like the fairy world you created.  I found some of the many different types of fairies a bit confusing.  I’m not sure if someone more familiar with fairy folklore would have an easier time.  It isn’t something I read a lot. 

I was pretty proud of myself because I guessed who the princess was very earlier in the book.

And for the most part you answered all of the questions I had from the previous two books and a few I didn’t realize I should be asking…. 

No comments: