Sunday, August 18, 2013

I Started a Spinoff Series this Weekend

Readers of Visage have already met Cornell Dyer, but for those of you that have not, I won't expound on him any further.

Suffice to say, the new series will concern the adventures of this character and be written with middle schoolers in mind (although anyone that enjoys the BryonySeries will probably like these books, too).

The pace of the Cornell Dyer books will be brisker, very plot focused, and less concerned on deep character development, except for Cornell, of course.

Also, these books will contain smaller chapters and less chapters overall, only ten per book.

With that, I'm happy to announce that Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone is well under way: plot, characters, and artwork organized and arranged; chapters outlined; and chapters one and two written and edited.

I'm hoping to release at least two of these books a year. A second spinoff series for younger children is in the germination stage. More on this project as it shapes up.

And, no, I haven't forgotten about, or abandoned, the prequel to the original BryonySeries. That book is my most challenging one yet, so I'm pecking at it a little at a time.

Hopefully, it won't take the twenty-six years to compose as Bryony did.

No comments: