Thursday, February 15, 2024

Snack Bags From Jasmine

I think "comfort food" is important to most of us from time to time, although what comfort is to us might be different from what comfort food is to another.

Many people often give gifts of food or drink to express affection or love, like chocolate on Valentine's Day or pot of chicken soup to someone who is ill.

So on Saturday, Jasmine brought "snack bags" for herself, Rebekah, and me before we set off to celebrate Lunar New Year with Cindy and her family, so we could have a cozy ride there and back.

Inside each snack bag are comfort foods tailored to each individual person. So no two begs are the same. She also brought coffee as well as tea (for Rebekah). But Jasmine is thoughtful that way.


Just twenty-four hours earlier, I had another flare-up of whatever abdominal thing is going on (my gastroenterologist isn't completely convinced it's diverticulitis; colonoscopy is still two weeks away).

So a bagful of comfort treats from someone who cares really cheers the soul, too. 

I did give the graham crackers to Rebekah (they had sulfiting agents, a no-no for me). 

But she brought my favorite Saltines (brand-name, whole grain), whale cheese crackers (which don't have sunflower oil as regular goldfish do. I never heard of whale!), and two bags of "chippers" (miniature chocolate chip cookies).



As I was getting ready for a shower, Rebekah said I looked nice that night. I had worn leggings for abdominal comfort, with a long black sweater and a red shirt (red was required if we had it).

So I asked her to take a photo, and she did.

I wanted to remember her comforting words...and also that I somehow managed to look nice on the outside when the inside was not feeling as nice.

Happy Thursday!




No comments: