Thursday, February 1, 2024

From One Heart to Another

I met Holly Coop when she joined WriteOn Joliet, at least eight years ago, maybe more. 

Holly writes inspirational poetry from her heart. Topics include love, encouragement, grief, forgiveness, and so forth. 

What makes Holly's poems so relatable is that she expresses emotions in a personal, but universal, way, so just about any reader will resonate with them.

She was very surprised when I offered to buy nine copies of one poem and one couple of a second.

I wanted to give my nine children a copy of the first for Christmas with a gift card for a frame, for that poem perfectly summed up the year 2023 was for us. "Oh, wow!" best sums up the comments from my kids as they read it.

The second poem, which dealt with self-esteem and inner beauty, was to be a birthday present for Rebekah.

Holly insisted on matting and framing the poem for Rebekah herself. So I never saw the finished product until Rebekah opened it on January 7, her birthday and our family Christmas.

If you scroll past this first photo, you'll see the Christmas poem in a frame. My son found the perfect one in a thrift store a few days later and was eager to show it off.

For more information about Holly Coop, visit hollycoopbooks.com.

Happy Thursday!





No comments: