Thursday, December 28, 2023

Merry and Bright Indeed

On December 14, I received a lovely surprise gift from Angie Aegerter, owner of the Fit Foundation in Crest Hill.

In 2023, Angie purchased 30 copies of  the WriteOn Joliet 2022 anthology and gifted them to The Timbers of Shorewood book club.

I invited Angie to WriteOn's annual holiday gathering at Cemeno's so she could meet some of the writers. She was unable to attend - but popped in to give me a gift bag with this lovely card you see below.

Yes, let that sink in. She bought books from us and then brought me a bag full of gifts. The card itself is so pretty, I've left it propped against my computer monitor these last two weeks, just so I can keep looking at it.

And here's what was in that bag.




But first, the fun bag, just so you can get an idea of her generosity.




The first item was this towel with a pickup truck. I regifted it to Timothy, who has Christmas decor in his house with red pickup truck themes. That's not because I didn't like or wouldn't enjoy it, but because I knew he appreciated it more.

Also, Timothy lives next door. So it's not like I wouldn't see or use the towel.




Next, I received this bag of chocolate. How did she know I love these?




Angie also gave me this Christmas candle with three amazing scents. I am a very sensual person in that I love items that please the different senses. 

Writers sometimes refer to "smell" as the forgotten scent. But good smells can do much to lift spirit and evoke and happy memories. I love the right scented candles and the right incense.

At any rate, I am enjoying this candle.




Here is the same candle from behind, so you can see how pretty it is.

But the very best part of this gift is...



...is the new friend I've made through our love for serving the community through using our respective talents. 

Happy Thursday!



No comments: