Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Three Young Adults of Fine Character

So the scene you see here is the last batch of "stuff" from the tearing down of the BryonySeries tent from its presence at New Orleans North in downtown Joliet on Friday night.

The heat index was probably close to 100 degrees when we set up. And the streets were closed off early, so we parked several blocks away. It took three trips and four people to haul all of it to our spot.

When the event ended (11 p.m.) and after we tore it down, Timothy, Rebekah, and Daniel insisted that I sit with our gear while they walked back and forth to the parking deck to load it into our vehicles.

This photo is from the very last trip. I carried a small cooler over my shoulder, the most they allowed me to carry. It was the end of a long, hot day, and yet tempers weren't flaring, and these three young adults were generous and gracious in their helping.

Just so you know, their helping spirit isn't limited to me. If someone really needs help and they can help, they jump right in.

I just wanted you to see the fine character of these three young adults.



No comments: