Thursday, June 8, 2023

New Shoes

Buying shoes is a real chore for me because it's hard to find shoes that fit.

My feet roll to the side. I have a high instep. And I have a wide foot, but only at the middle top of my feet. So if I have enough width near the top, I tend to slip out at the heel.

For all these reasons (and the problems they cause), my podiatrist told me years ago to stop wearing heels and any shoe that did not tie or firmly buckle near the ankle. So I did.

So shoe-shopping is usually a two-person process. Rebekah looks for shoes that might fit, and I sit on a bench and try on all the shoes she's picked as possibilities while she looks for more, usually an armful more.

But I am happy to report we found three cute pairs of shoes on Sunday: one pair to wear inside only and two to swap out with outfits.

These do not include my walking shoes, which are special walking shoes and which I wear out fairly quickly (I walk an average of ten miles a day, eight on extremely busy days).

Rebekah did a great job, didn't she?

And they should take me to good places, right?




No comments: