Thursday, April 28, 2022

"The Crows of Pearblossom" by Aldous Huxley

For a quick recap on how I developed my love for reading and why I'm sharing these books, read this short post.

One of my favorite books from childhood, "The Crows of Pearblossom" by Aldous Huxley, did so many things for me.

It sparked my love for crows.

It introduced me to Huxley, whom, I'm sure, people typically don't associate with children's literature.

The book, naturally, entertained me - as I'm certain it will entertain you, too. 

And poetry! Oh, I can still hear the sing-song snake's poem in my head and the "voice" of my father reading it quite dramatically.

"I cannot fly- I have no wings;

I cannot run- I have no legs;

But I can creep where the black bird sings

And eat her speckled eggs, ha, ha,

And eat her speckled eggs."


For more of my favorite childhood books, search the "back to the books" tag on the home page of this blog.

For a synopsis and background of how this story came to be, visit this Goodreads page.

Another "fan" of the book read it on YouTube. The link is below. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYrA9e33C2Y




No comments: