Thursday, May 27, 2021

How is a Cat Like a Refrigerator?

That was the question posed to readers this week in a monthly newsletter I receive from a marketing and sales organization.

Of course, I had no idea, so I read on. 

The answer was that they both can hold fish, they both have tails, and they both come in various colors.

Both have tails?

I read this to Rebekah, and she said, "Yes. The refrigerator has a cord."

Ah! Light bulb moment!

The whole point of the riddle was to nudge authors like me to look at the familiar (in this case, our books) and see what it has in common with something that, at first glance, no commonality exists, so we can gain fresh persectives on our marketing and, with those perspectives, new opportunities for sales.

But really, we can apply that type of thinking anywhere, including the situations we encounter in our daily life.

Think about it.










No comments: