Tuesday, March 23, 2021

When You're Reading a Book and Encounter...

...a person with the same name as one of the main characters.

In the early days of this blog, I'd have occasional posts called "Bryony Moment of the Day."

These would be those unusual coincidences that line up with the BryonySeries.

For instance, when interviewing one woman named Melissa, she told me her younger brother was Brian.

Another time, I wound up interviewing a woman by the name of Julie Drake. Of course, I had to tell her about the fictional Jule Drake. Even more wild, her husband's name is David.

We had a lunch a few times (we are overdue, thanks COVID) and still talk on social media.

So yesterday, someone who is reading Visage said he just learned a John Simotes works out at the same gym he does and then added:

Haha I mean what are the chances of that? Literally reading the book he's in and then this pops up this morning...coincidences happen of course, but the empathic/mystic sides of my brain are wondering what this could signify? 

Well that can only signify one thing.

My reply: The story is bigger than both of us.

May today bring you happy surprises and reasons to make you pause in very good ways.



2 comments:

Mauverneen said...

I have come across one or two women named Bryony.I remember one is a photographer, I believe they both live in England.

Denise M. Baran-Unland said...

I can see that. It's a very popular name there.