Monday, March 29, 2021

Just Don't Attach a Photo

So it seems whenever my computer goes through an update during the night, it has an issue with attaching and uploading photos.

Attaching and uploading photos is a big part of my early morning routine, since I'm answering emails, scheduling social media, putting photos into the system for stories due later in the day, etc.

So when I randomly have this issue in the early morning when I scarcely awake, I wind up having to troubleshoot and restart the computer (sometimes a few times), which puts the whole day behind.

This morning, I had an idea.

I'll just have emails ready to go (draft form), social media posts ready to go and just NOT attach any photos.

Then while I'm making breakfast, I'll put the computer through a restart. And then I'll attach photos and press "send."

This only took me half a year to figure out.

It's not a solution. It doesn't fix the issue (I really need Christopher for that). And it's certainly not the blog post I wanted to post today.

But it does keep the morning on track. As long as I keep making a conscious effort to not attach or upload photos (It's amazing how much I do automatically. Good habits are great - until you have to change it up).

So if you're reading this post and see a photo, you'll know the problem is resolved for today.



No comments: