Monday, February 8, 2021

Cat-Opoly

This weekend was both productive and relaxing.

Friday night I worked on Call of the Siren character questionnaires. 

Saturday I had a practice Zoom call with Ed and Nancy Calkins (they feel ready for Calkins Day) followed by a Zoom call with our accountant for taxes, which are ready to go.

That was followed by some marketing and some more work on those character questionnaires.

Sunday Rebekah and I packed the Christmas trees away. She cleaned house; I got some work done.

She played video games; I read.

And we started a game of Cat-Opoly, a present from Jasmine at Christmas.



Although I was having a pretty mellow day, I did want to do something away from a screen (and away from reading) before I went back to work on Monday.

My resolve intensified when Rebekah pointed out that I've spent so much time in front of my computer over this past year (and especially over the past few weeks since I've broken my toe), that I have a worn spot where I plant my feet.



The nice thing about living with grown children and senior cats is that we can finally set up a game and leave it.

So we did - with plans to pop back into it, here and there, over the week.

And speaking of Calkins Day, registration is going well for this virtual event, and Ed and Nancy are super excited.

If you have an hour to spare (7 to 8 p.m. Feb. 13 CST), please help celebrate the accomplishment of a dyslexic writer who finally saw his dream come true - writing a publishing a book.

We will have REAL FOOD (if you have a few common ingredients handy) and time for questions.

The event is free.






No comments: