Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Kiddle "Kollection" is Gradually Growing

My sister and I loved playing with dolls when we were kids. I especially loved Kiddles, but I don't have any of them anymore - and wish I still did.

And, of course, I never had the entire collection, which was pretty vast. I even remember the first Kiddles my sister and I received: Honeysuckle, both of them Kologne Kiddles. 

I'd also owned Violet and Lilly of the Valley. My sister had Sweet Pea and Apple Blossom. This last sadly disappeared. Every now and then, we'd get it in our heads to tear apart things and look for her. But we never found her.

I'd received Lemons Stiddle from the main collection for my eighth birthday. And the following year, I received the King and Queen of Hearts from the storybook Kiddles collection.

From the Sweet Treats collection, I'd owned Frosty Mint and Grape.

But as of Old Calendar Christmas and the internet, which makes buying vintage dolls so much easier, I now have two of the Kologne Kiddles. Both were presents from Rebekah.




The newest one is Sweet Pea, which, ironically, was a nickname Rebekah had acquired when she was a little girl.





Rebekah surprised me with Rosebud about a year ago. I had never owned Rosebud but always wanted her.



Not to sound greedy, but I'd still love to own a Crissy doll and a Velvet doll.

Also Rock Flowers.

And Dawn dolls.

And some of the other dolls I had when growing up.

That's not even getting into the paper dolls...

No comments: