Friday, January 8, 2021

Story Round-Up: Features in The Herald-News, Jan 3 through Jan. 8

Good morning!

I never realize how much email I receive until I take one day off - does that happen to you, too? But I'm all caught up and ready to begin the work day.

My family and I had a wonderful celebration yesterday (Old Calendar Christmas and Rebekah's birthday), even though lots of it was virtual (hilarious video footage, though). So now we'll start gradually edging away from the holidays.

I'm still wrapping up some miscellaneous projects I didn't quite finish from my Christmas vacation list, so that will be my focus this weekend.

I also have one manuscript I'm copyediting for a client, so getting that done and back for her is a top priority.

Still, I'm playing around very slightly with the second book in the new BryonySeries (Call of the Siren), so I'm sure I'll visit that, too this weekend.

Both Ruthless and The Phoenix are in editing, so I'm hoping to check in my with editor on those projects, too.

Two more things: Thank you to everyone who supported The Book Market in Crest Hill through the BryonySeries Holiday Book Sale. I'll update the results next week.

And be sure to check out this website Rebekah created: dmbaranunland.com.

Have a wonderful Friday!


WRITERS

If you're a writer anywhere in the world, you're welcome to join WriteOn Joliet's Facebook pageWe're based in Joliet, Illinois, but we love to meet and interact with writers outside our area, too.

If you'd like to officially join WriteOn Joliet, we have two tiers of dues. We also have a marketing arm that's getting longer every year, well, except this year. Check us out at writeonjoliet.com.

If you need support in your writing, I highly recommend this Twitter group: #5amwritersclub. I  joined it last year. Writers support each other on Twitter and meet every three weeks at 5 a.m. (4 a.m. CST - needless to say, I am often late!) on Zoom.

If you need editing or help with self-publishing, check out dmbaranunland.com.

ARTISTS

If you need an artist for a project, I offer these recommendations.

NEWSLETTERS

Sign up for the Will County Go Guide and Sign up for the LocalLit Short Story and Book Review Newsletter at https://www.theherald-news.com/newsletter/

Sign up for The Munsonville Times by emailing us at bryonyseries@gmail.com. The newsletter still isn't official yet, so we don't have an actual link on the website - but we are working on it! 

SOCIAL MEDIA

Daily updates: I do post the briefs on Twitter during the week, so you're welcome to follow me at @Denise_Unland61.

BryonySeries stuff: I post curated content relating to the BryonySeries at @BryonySeries. And assorted related content at www.facebook.com/BryonySeries.

And of course, please follow the adventures of Bertrand the Mouse on Instagram at bertrand_bryonyseries.

BRYONYSERIES BOOKS

For books and more information about the series, visit bryonyseries.com.

BRYONYSERIES EVENTS

A full month of virtual events can be found at bryonyseries.com/calendar-of-events-1.

QUESTIONS

Email me at bryonyseries@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading The Herald-News. And for reading this blog. And if you've read (or plan to read) any of my books. Your support is greatly appreciated.

FEATURES

Illinois State Police participate in Operation Santa: Volunteers distributed gifts to 36 area families

Centenarian receives PfizerVaccine, doing well

Bolingbrook resident transitions out of duties during Naval command ceremony: VAW-124 held ceremony on Dec. 3

Donate blood – attend the Super Bowl?: Red Cross and NFL team up to encourage blood donation with special drawing

Snowflakes, flight attendants and moving away from typical PA announcements: Teachers at D.202 in Plainfield find creative ways to connect with students during remote 

Trinity Services fulfills holiday wish lists of 400 people with disabilities throughout Illinois: One donor was just 11 – and donated from his own money

‘They’re literally heroes for what they’re doing’: Plainfield restaurant delivers holiday meals directly to the homes of nurses on the COVID

Hockey organization donated toys to Joliet medical center: Arctic Jr. Fury Hockey Organization collected 50 toys for St. Joe’s emergency department

People with developmental disabilities in Joliet, New Lenox, receive holiday surprise from Santa

Troy 30-C recognizes its custodians for keeping schools clean and safe

Pets of the Week: Jan. 4: Will County rescues have dogs and cats for adoption

Get ‘wild’ this weekend with programs from the Will County forest preserve: Will County Inside/Outside Guide highlights local events and more 




Illustration by Matt Coundiff for "Visage."



No comments: