Monday, January 4, 2021

Random Bursts of Goodness

Today is my first day back to work, and I'm happy to be back.

In fact, I spent part of yesterday catching up on email and getting organized, so I'm ready to roar (and write) this morning. 

Today, I'd like to share some good news that happened in my community during the holidays and some blogs I enjoyed.

And I'd also like to remind you about the BryonySeries Holiday Sale that ends on January 7.

Be sure to check out the photo at the bottom, too, as it's full of "random bursts of goodness."

Happy reading, happy Monday, and happy 2021!


Some good news around the community:

 The Irish American Society of County Will shares holiday donations with local food pantries

Joliet Junior College nursing students earned the program’s 2020 Citizenship Award 

Shorewood-Troy and Joliet Public Libraries to provide library cards to every student: Cards will give students 24-7 digital access 

Unusual December bird sightings reported in Will County: Forest preserve tracking unusual bird sightings

Central ES physical education teacher brings lesson to life with video

Joliet Fire Department brings Santa to ‘visit’ hospital patients: Gifts were also provided for children who are in the hospital during Christmas

Joliet students bring holiday cheer to residents of care centers, foster kids: JCA student organizations work together to make and send cards 

Santa visits Troy schools: Troy students and their families enjoy a drive-thru visit with Santa


And check out these blogs:

"Positively Sneaky Christmas" by Maureen Blevins

"Santa Claus Is Real… I Met Him In Person" by Kenneth Lee McGee

"Finding Joy" by Tom Hernandez 

"Snapshot of God" by R. Michael Markley

do you see what I see? By Holly Coop


BryonySeries Holiday Book Sale:

From now until January 7, you will receive a $1 credit to The Book Market for every $5 worth of books you order directly from me. I have approximately twenty titles of books for nearly every age, so perhaps you might find something that interests you (or will interest someone you know).

Timothy even generated some beautiful coupons that we will email to you. A draft is below. I am paying the credit forward to The Book Market, so money only flows toward the store, not away from it.

This year has been a tough year for many people and businesses, especially small businesses and their owners. By working together, we can bring some holiday cheer to this indie bookstore in Crest Hill.

For step-by-step instructions on how to participate, follow this link: bryonyseries.com/promotions.



The blue tea cup is a gift from Sue Midlock, and the tea cup in the foreground is a gift from Timothy. The potpourri is a gift from Rebekah, and BryonySeries artist Christopher Gleason created the BryonySeries music box to its right.

The tall purple box contains a BryonySeries purple rose from Jasmine, and the BryonySeries purple rose under the clear globe by the blue tea cup is a gift from Cindy.

The yellow scroll art was a project I did with Rebekah at Sue's house - with Sue making one for her book Elspeth.

The dresser was sitting beneath the attic stairs in Ron's Channahon home when we moved in and was holding junk. I found new homes for the junk and claimed the dresser. It's come close to falling apart many times, but Timothy always puts it back together.

2 comments:

Stephen T. Saporta said...

You are truly blessed. I love the teacup Timothy gave you.

Denise M. Baran-Unland said...

I wrote a story for The Herald-News a few years ago about gift suggestions for Mother's Day. Evilena's Red Dresser in Frankfort suggested this tea cup. I fell in love with it and, unbeknownst to me, Timothy ordered it. I was very surprised!