Monday, May 4, 2020

The Doll Room

Last Monday, my "An Extraordinary Life" story was about Andrea Magosky, who recently died from complications of COVID-19.

Andrea and her husband Pat Moagosky owned and operated the P. Seth Magosky Museum of Victorian Life an Joliet History in memory of their son Seth, who owned the house and was slowly transforming into a museum at the time of their death.

The Magoskys were very supported of the BryonySeries. We filed the Bryony book trailer and music video there; they (along with the Joliet Junior College theater department) lent us costumes for VampFest (our launch event, which raised $1,400 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties), hosted a book signing, and had stacks of my original business cards near the front door.

Andrea especially loved dolls and devoted one room in the museum to them. I love dolls (as a child I played with dolls as much as I read), so I loved to wander this room and revel in her collection.

When the Magoskys lost the museum, they also lost the dolls. Here are photos of some of those dolls:
















No comments: