Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Cats, Werewolves, The Phoenix and Other True Tails of My Long Weekend

That's  a quick summary of my Memorial Day weekend, which extended into yesterday since I'm working this weekend.

It was productive, relaxing, and family-connected. Here are quick details on each one:

Cats: Or more specifically, Frances. She is no longer anemic (we feel the slight anemia was caused by the blood draw at her checkup), and I think the weight loss came partly from the lack of appetite she and Faith both had after their shots.

For Frances, this resulted in some weakness made a condition we had not noticed noticeable: a degenerative spinal issue. The weight loss showed some of the muscle mass that is occurring with it.

So we kept her food bowl always full, took her for weekly weight checks, and then finally an X-ray that diagnosed the problem.

She has gained weight (almost back to normal), is on a supplement to lubricate her joints, and has nearly resumed her normal level of activity - for a 15-year-old active cat. Hurray! One problem solved.

Work, Zoom, Storms: Finished up some work Saturday morning and then attended a virtual graduation party for my two nieces (one graduated from high school, the other college), and then some really dramatic storms hit, which pulled me back into work.

You can see three of the videos I uploaded here.

And you can see some of my photos here.

But I did get some fiction done that night, a good thing because I worked Sunday afternoon, too.

In the meantime, Timothy spent part of the weekend working on the website. For one, he's made progress on the site map.

You can check out some of the changes here.

The Phoenix: A new book in the BryonySeries and the first in the Limbo trilogy. Completed a substantial amount of three chapters.

Lycanthropic Summer: Two strong outlines for the last two chapters of a book within a book. This took most of yesterday to accomplish, far longer than the three chapters in The Phoenix did. But it will also substantially affect the rest of the story, so the extra effort and research will pay off, I think.

Exercise: Walked (not as much as usual but more than 10,000 and less than 23,000 steps per day) and did some yoga last night. Weights went to the back of the schedule in favor of other projects this past weekend.

Reading: I also read half of Snow Flower and the Secret fan.

Below, you can see what working and working out looks like when cats share you living space. Francis is on the yoga mat, Faith is on my desk chair. She lets me have less than half, and so I perch for most work days.

Have a great day! :)








No comments: