Monday, July 29, 2019

Someone to Admire

I read an article this morning titled The King of Adventure Stares Down Death.

While as not to bring it all back to me and things I've written, he reminded me of a character I'd created in Before the Blood, who's now in the twilight years. And I feel certain the man in this story would have felt at home with him.

Here's my passage. The link to the article is below it. I hope it inspires you, too.

Have a great Monday readers, writers, and BryonySeries fans. :)


She looked at the old man standing before her dressed in only overalls, hair scraggly and wet. Yet despite withered muscles beneath papery skin, an inner stamina remained, enough to put younger men to shame.

How many adventures had he and her cowboy had, a lifetime of undertakings before she drew first ragged breath? How many years of farming, lumbering, maple-syruping, and mustang-breaking, plus who knows what else as they traversed one end of this country to the other? 







Illustration by Kathleen Rose Van Pelt for "Bryony."

No comments: