Tuesday, February 20, 2018

What Happened to Bertrand...

...on Calkins Day?

Because he was suspiciously absent.

Well, not really. But here's what happened.

As soon we pulled up to Book and Bean, I realized I'd made a horrible mistake. I had forgotten Bertrand. He was at home in my lunch box.

My son Timothy, ever gallant, offered to drive back to fetch him. I did not ask Timothy to do this. Again, I did not ask him to do this. Just so we're clear on this point.

But I was happy he offered. How horrible if Bertrand had missed his chance for a photo with the real Steward of Tara!

Fifteen minutes later Timothy calls. He can't find Bertrand. So I check my coat pockets. Ooops! I had moved Bertrand earlier. I had him. Sorry. :(

When the festivities had ended, and we had returned home, I realized I hadn't taken Bertrand's photo with the steward.

Now some might say I had forgotten all about it. But I say this.

Bertrand was so afraid of the ruthless dictator, he hid in my coat pocket all night. See? Here's the proof.


And this is the last bit of posting I'll eek out from Calkins Day.

Enjoy the day readers, writers, and vampire fans! :)

No comments: