Saturday, February 3, 2018

New books!

I am happy to report that copies of my Irish genealogy arrived this past week and are patiently waiting inside their box for Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara, to assign his autograph to each and every one of them on Calkins Day.

We'll be selling copies of this nonsense (FYI: I am not Irish) from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 13 (Calkins Day) at the Book and Bean Cafe inside the Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road in Joliet.

Just $4.99 (with tax) will let you take home one of these great tomes, with all proceeds going to Ed himself as a birthday present from readers, writers, his loyal fans, and his loyal fans-to-be.

We'll also have some giveaways that have nothing to do with the book and some special subscription offers for The Herald-News, which has everything to do with the book.

Confused? Then come on out. You'll leave even more confused But make sure you first buy a cup of the second best coffee in Joliet. At least you won't leave thirsty.

Dressing like it's St. Patrick's Day is encouraged. Barring that, I recommend jeans and striped polo shirts ('ll be wearing my Ed Calkins red and white one).

I might even tie a green ribbon around Bertrand's pretend neck.

BTW, Bertrand, seen in yonder box, wants everyone to follow him on Instagram at bertrand_bryonyseries.

 A shameless plug, I know, but it's the only way he let me use his photo of this blog.



No comments: