Thursday, October 19, 2017

BryonySeries Throwback Thursday: Blessings

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blessings

Just when it seems circumstances can’t get much worse, they do! Yet, in the midst of the crisis, I’m amazed at the blessings that continue to fill my day. In the past twenty-four hours:

* My fifteen year old son wrote me a note that asked if I could PLEASE walk to the library with him because he enjoyed my company.
* That same son did an extra batch of dishes without complaining because I was busy.
* My oldest son, out of work with a family to support, bought us some groceries.
* Another son and his girl friend cleaned out the garage and blew all the leaves off the driveway.
* I miscalculated my funds and had to borrow twelve dollars from my seventeen year old daughter to buy medicine. Then Rebekah bought a cow tale to split with me.
* My mother did some research and made some phone calls on health insurance because I was too busy and overwhelmed to get it all done.
* Faith, the cat who dislikes cuddling, always lets me share my desk chair with her by day and jumps into bed with me by night.
* I get to be a fan of my own book because my oldest daughter completely oversees the Bryony Facebook page, administers the website, and contributes some of the blogs.
* The bank called and said the miscalculation was its error, after all. I had thirty-four dollars coming back to me. YEAH!
* I lay on the bed and watched Midnight, the sick, little, stray kitten we adopted, interact with my twenty-year-old son, Timothy. He whistles, and she coos back. He makes kissing noises, and Midnight jumps up on his lap to head-butt him. He pets her, and she runs her head along the back of his hand.

Denise M. Baran-Unland

No comments: