Monday, December 19, 2016

Spent

I read the other day that it's not possible to write more than three or four hours at a time. Obviously, that person doesn't work in a newsroom!

Or perhaps that only applies to creative works, and that person can spend that amount each day working on fiction.

On Friday, I took my last vacation day in order to spend three days with my daughter-in-law and two of my grandchildren. But Zachariah was fighting a cold, and the weather turned crummy and hazardous, so we will reschedule.  Here's what I did instead:

Friday: Power walk, social media, errands, read, a little fiction (interrupted by errands), read through Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone and marked typos and formatting errors.

Saturday: Power walk, social media, twelve hours of writing fiction (Before the Blood)

Sunday: Power walk, social media, edited the previous day's fiction, calendars for work, a little marketing research, the prologue and beginning outlines for Cornell Dyer and the Necklace of Forgetfulness.

I'm happy to report for the first time in a very long time, I have "spent" my creative drive this weekend and am happy to return to work today.

In an ugly Christmas sweater (loaned to me by a friend since I don't own any)

Because that's the theme of this year's office party.

Happy cold Monday, vampire fans! :)

No comments: