Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Writing Break (Of Sorts)

To be clear: I don't think writers ever completely take a break from writing. Our minds are always absorbing and creating.

But starting in September and continuing almost until Christmas, the amount of features work I compile and manage rises A LOT, mostly because of the extra community events that need processing in The Herald-News in some way.

While doing all the holiday stuff one does during this time. Especially, but not exclusively, when one has a family, etc.

This means I shelve quite a bit of non-timely work.

It also means an increased need to exercise my creative side. And I've truly had a productive few months.

So for the next couple of weeks, I need to address the items on the overflowing virtual shelves. And while our managing editor is on vacation, and our associate editor is assuming his duties, I'm assuming some of hers.

And the holidays aren't quite over. At least not for moi and mine.

I'm also the weekend/holiday editor for New Year's Eve and beyond. So I won't have another day off until Jan. 6.

But it's all good.

I'm catching up, and I'm looking forward to returning to Before the Blood with renewed energy and a fresh perspective, especially since my current chapter took off in a direction I hadn't anticipated before it sucked me in.

Oh, and I still need some time for fix the formatting errors in Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone. And I have an event in January. And I have some photos to take for next year's Bertrand the Mouse Christmas story.

See what I mean?

No comments: